Established in 1954 as the original inventor of solvent cement for PVC pipe applications, IPS ® Corporation has grown dramatically over the past 60+ years. Today, we are the most trusted manufacturer of rough plumbing and roofing supplies for the construction industry, as well as structural adhesives and solvent cements for a broad range of construction, industrial, and manufacturing applications. Our leading brands include AB&A®, Arjay™, Christy’s™, Floodstop™, Guy Gray®, Integra®, Moo Gloo®, Roof Top Blox™, SciGrip®, Studor®, Test-Tite®, Tough Pans™, TruBro®, Water-Tite®, and Weld-On®.
Headquartered in California, IPS Corporation has operations throughout the United States, Europe, and
Asia. Our industry leading products are manufactured using state-of-the-art processes and are
distributed throughout the world with the support of our wholesale and retail customers.
IPS Corporation supports and focuses on our customers in all aspects of our operation and functions of our company:
Highest Quality products – We are committed to manufacturing the highest quality products in the industry. Our facilities are ISO 9001: 2008 certified, and all products face stringent quality control tests prior to sale and distribution.
Leading customer service – Our customer service organization is readily available to help customers with product selection, ordering, and support, and our Connect.IPS portal offers our customers access to real-time information on their business 24/7. In addition, along with our expertise in international shipping, our team members are certified in the transport of chemical products.
Professional technical service – Our technical specialists are available to provide professional recommendations and product application training for customers across all of our markets.
Expert R&D – Our research scientists and engineers have vast technical and scientific knowledge, and have developed some of the most technically advanced and innovative products in the world, meeting and exceeding our customers’ needs for their applications.
Corporate Responsibility – IPS Corporation is committed to providing the
resources, educational support and improved technologies that help to improve the lives of people
around the world. From supporting global initiatives that aim to end world water poverty, to the
support of local charities, to being an innovator and early-provider of environmentally responsible
products, we at IPS Corporation believe in fostering sustainability.
- Founded in 1954, IPS developed, patented, and commercialized the first solvent cement formulation for joining PVC pipe in 1958 under the Weld-On brand.
- IPS operated as a single entity for the first three decades, supplying solvent cements to the plumbing, construction, industrial, and irrigation markets.
- Acquisition of Water-Tite in 1987 formed what is now the Plumbing Products division
- From 1987 to 2004, IPS actively built out its Plumbing Products portfolio by acquiring Guy Gray metal supply valve boxes, Truebro undersink pipe protection products, and Test-Tite test plugs as well as the distribution rights to Studor air admittance valves
- In 2003, the Company expanded its product offering to include structural adhesives, developed its 10:1 MMA technology, and formed the SciGrip Structural Adhesives division.
- In 2009, continuing its history of innovation, IPS became the first company in the industry to offer environmentally-responsible, all low volatile organic compound (VOC) solvent cements, primers, and cleaners and completely phase out regular VOC products.
- In 2010, IPS expanded into Europe with the acquisition of Holdtite, providing the Company with distribution and customer access throughout Europe and the Middle East.
- The company broadened the Plumbing Products portfolio to include drains and fittings through the acquisition of AB&A in 2010.
- In 2014, IPS acquired Glue Warehouse, a leading on-line retailer for the countertop fabrication industry
- In 2015, The company acquired the solvent cements business of Schwartz Chemical, based in Toronto
- In 2016, IPS acquired Studor, Roof Top Blox, and became the exclusive distributor of Green Drain products
- In 2016, IPS acquired Studor and Roof Top Blox.
- In 2019, IPS acquires T Christy's Enterprises and Tough Pans drain pain line.
- In 2022, IPS acquires Floodstop point-of-use leak detection devices.